Sunday, August 9, 2009

Getting Focused

Thank you for your commitment to pray for me as I embark on my two year commitment to overseas mission work. I will be living in and ministering to the people of Debrecen, Hungary. You can read more about our teams goals and missions, as well as join the prayer group at http://www.hope4ehu.com/. I invite you to join me on my journey by following my blog.

I have been in Richmond, VA at Field Personal Orientation (FPO) for about a week and a half now. I will remain in Richmond until September 24 at which time I will fly to Budapest Hungary to begin 2 months of language training at a University there. While in Richmond, I will be developing a better understanding of Hungarian culture, as well as, preparing myself mentally and physically for the task that is before me. My day consists of hours of meetings covering a wide range of topics such as spiritual warfare, learning a new language, and sharing the gospel with others. I also have numerous assignments to complete, as well as, books to read. Needless to say I stay pretty busy, especially when I try to juggle developing friendships with others at orientation on top of everything.

One of my assignments is to develope six goals that I want to complete before I leave FPO and I ask that you will pray that I achieve these goals. Mine range from developing a stronger prayer life, memorizing scripture, and developing a boldness for evangelism. One of the sessions taught me how to make these goals measurable and achievable. God has already begun to reveal himself to me in new ways. Another session was a three hour spiritual retreat inwhich I was able to spend time in prayer and meditation. God placed on my heart the importance of prayer and how powerful it is, so I thank you again for your willingness to pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. We were so glad to hear from you. You will continue to be in our prayers as you continue on your journey. We are so proud of you and are thankful that you are a part of our lives.
    Gil & Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacia,
    It's awesome to hear how God is already working in and through you. I will continue to lift you up to our Father above and so will your other prayer supporters at FBC.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete