Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sheep Among the Wolves

This week marked the half way point of my time in Richmond. It has definately been an exciting journey thus far. The amount of knowledge that has been poured upon me has been at times overwhelming. I feel as if I am a completely different person now from when I first arrived here four weeks ago. My relationship with the Father has grown with leaps and bounds and I find myself longing for Him more and more with each passing day.

The focus of the past week has been on the persecuted church. I am finally starting to grasp an understanding of what it means to offer my life as a living sacrifice each day. We have been meeting in small groups on a daily basis and reading through Acts, which gives a detailed account of the first missionaries journeys. It is evident all through out the chapters that they are willing to sacrifice all of themselves for the sake of preaching the gospel, and they do it boldly without fear. This week was challenging in that I heard story after story of brothers and sisters in Christ who have suffered greatly as they proclaim the Truth, but the impact their faithfulness had on the Kingdom far surpassed that which can be imagined. My prayer is that I to will be filled with the same boldness that those who have gone before me have had when the enemy rises up against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment