Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Orientation

The team has been teaching me many crucial things that will help me with everyday life. I have learned to buy groceries, mail letters, pay bills, buy public transportation tickets, and navigate through town on foot, tram, trolleys, and buses. There are still many things I have to learn, but I am already starting to feel at home.
Another part of my orientation has been driving a van in Debrecen and the surrounding area for a team that has been in town. I had a great opportunity this past week to learn about the preparation, communication, and organization that is involved in working with volunteer teams. The Arkansas team was actually a Christian rock band that worked hard all week playing a concert everyday at different venues. The group was extremely talented musically and did an excellent job at conveying the message of hope through their testimonies. Many contacts were made and a number of doors were opened for future ministry opportunities.
Tomorrow I attend my first language lesson which will be where I focus the majority of my time these next couple of months. Pray that I will be diligent in studying and that I will be able to recall what I am learning. I have not been able to attend a volleyball practice yet, Extraneous circumstances keep preventing me from making practice, but a practice is scheduled for the end of this week, so hopefully that will go well. God is definitely at work in Hungary. Pray that the Eastern Hungary team will continue to meet Him where he is already at work among the Hungarian people.
"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2Corinthians 5:20-21

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Elise and I live in Croatia and will make it out to see your team in a few months. Keep up the great work and enjoy the easy language. You will probably be able to translate for us when we get there!

    Trey Atkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stacia,
    Thank you for the update! We found your blog through your sweet mother. She is my son Zak's Sunday school teacher and has been a blessing to our family already. My children (Zak, Zayne, Zoie and Cooper) want to dedicate a portion of their morning devotion to praying for you and your mission team. We are looking forward to following your mission through your blog and praying daily for God to work through you all.

    ReplyDelete